JUMIA

addynamo

Saturday 30 March 2013

DANCE HALL’S NEW KID


DAVID-DUMEBI-MUKOLU-3003.jpg - DAVID-DUMEBI-MUKOLU-3003.jpg
WITH HIS POPULAR SONG, JO DADA, SNA-Z WHOSE REAL NAME IS DAVID DUMEBI MUKOLU IS A PLEASANT ADDITION TO NIGERIA’S BUSTLING MUSIC SCENE. MUKOLU, FOUNDER AND VICE PRESIDENT OF S.I.N. ENTERTAINMENT AND KANDIBAR RECORDS, SPEAKS WITH AZUKA OGUJIUBA ON THE ROOTS OF HIS PASSION FOR MUSIC
How did your musical journey begin?

My first experience in the studio was in Ibadan about a decade ago. I was invited by a group called Real Maracaz to feature on their track. And since then I’ve been working with different artistes and going for sessions and reality shows. The first ever went for was the Nokia First Chance. That was about six years ago.
How was your stage name, SNA-Z, coined?
It’s an acronym derived from “Stand up Nations from A-Z”. I noticed that I stir up this awe whenever I speak in the company of my guys and others. And they tend to enjoy my company.

If you were not a singer what would it have been for you?
Maybe motivational speaking. My talent revolves around the arts, speaking and writing especially. That is the essence of my musical carrier.

Which celebrity in the world would you like to have a collaboration with?
Seal.

Which world leader has inspired you most?
Nelson Mandela.

Which Nigerian artiste do you find inspiring and whose music you can never stop listening to?
Without a doubt, Tuface Idibia. I’m also inspired by Banky W, Eldee and M.I. These guys have not only proved to be talented artiste but have also proved to be successful record label executives.
Tell about your background?
I was born and bred in Lagos. I’m the second child and fist son out of my mom’s four children. I had my primary school education in Lagos. My secondary school education at Command Secondary School, Kaduna, and attended University of Lagos and left with a diploma to pursue my music career.
Which man dead or alive do you regard as a style icon?
Jose Mourinho.

Which is your most stylish Nigerian first lady, dead or alive?
Mrs Mariam Babangida.
Tell us one thing about your personality that you don’t like.
I can be too meticulous.
What is the most memorable compliment you have received from a woman?
You know most times the ladies tend to withhold their compliments for reasons best known to them. So one might never know. But the most memorable compliment I have received from a woman, though clichéd, is that I’m cute.
What were your parents’ reaction when you told them you were opting out to be a musician?
I didn’t tell them. I mean, there was no notification. I just started and they accepted. And they weren’t surprised. Most people weren’t actually.
At one point in your life did you decide it was music?
At the point when everyone around me was saying I had it in me. Then I knew it was time to make it official.
If you were the president, what will be the first law you will implement?
I would ensure there is be a higher budgetary vote for education as well as research development. This is because we spend so much money importing things and as a result we are left with so much less to develop our country.  Yes, we gain a lot of revenue from crude oil sales but our net income is so low because we spend a large portion of the revenue on imports. So if we can vote more on education, research and development, within a short time we can transform from being an import-driven economy to an export-driven one.
What are your views about the Nigerian entertainment industry?
It is an industry with a lot of potential. But it needs a proper structure for it to function effectively. Kudos to Nigerian Copyrights Commission with respect to protecting the rights of artistes. This is an example of the kind of structures I’m talking about. We hope to have some more collaborative systems in place soon and I intend to be a part of the process to making it work.
Do you have a favourite Nigerian musician?
I really don’t have a favourite.

What kind of music do you listen to?
I listen to almost every kind of music.
What part of the world is your favourite holiday spot?
The Carribean, though I haven’t been there.

If you had to go to an exotic island for the weekend what are the ,five things you will take along?
My internet connection, debit and credit card, swimming trunks, my woman and my Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

JUMIA

View My Stats