JUMIA

addynamo

Monday 22 April 2013

Photos-Ground opens, swallows 3 cars in Chicago

 A sinkhole unexpectedly opened up on a residential street in Chicago’s southeast side Thursday morning, swallowing three cars.One driver was injured inthe process.

Witnesses told the Tribune that the hole appeared to open up around 5 a.m., quickly spreading from 20 to 40 feet wide.
Neighborhood resident Ola Oni told the paper she was getting ready for work around 5 a.m. but had not yet gotten into her car when it fell into the gaping hole.

Continue to see more photos...



"It could have happened to me, I am lucky, I'm happy," Oni told the Tribune. She added,"In this kind of neighborhood, I don't think this should happen."
Sinkholes have plagued other areas like Florida, which has seen the underground dangers swallow businesses and homes, even taken a life.

Yahoo News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

JUMIA

View My Stats