JUMIA

addynamo

Monday 25 February 2013

A 'Salty' Mouth Confession

A 'Salty' Mouth Confession

(Honestly, as Christians, this is one confession we really need to take seriously. As we go about our business this week, it is my prayer that the words of this confession 'haunt' us in a good way, keeping our conversations 'salty')
I shall have a 'salty' mouth. God's Word says that by my words, I am justified and by my words I am condemned. I put a guard over my mouth. I choose to speaks words of life, health and healing. I choose to speak only words that are gracious and kind. I choose to speak only 'Salty' words. Words that season lives! Words that flavour lives! Words that make people smile on the inside! 
I will not speak gritty words. I will not speak evil words about anybody. I will not gossip. I will not spread rumours. I will not say anything about anyone that I will not be prepared to repeat in his/her  presence.. I will not speak words of death, discouragement or destruction. I will be careful of the words that come out my mouth. I choose to speak only words that bring life, that encourage, that uplift and inspire others. No matter how I am feeling, I will watch my words. If I cannot say anything positive, than I will just shut up! Better to say nothing than fall into the temptation to criticise, complain or condemn.
I will not speak before giving thought to what I am about to say. I listen twice as much as I speak. I am careful to hold back when I am angry or feel frustrated so that I do not throw out careless words I will regret later. I refuse to be sarcastic or condescending when I speak to others. I am careful to watch the words I speak via my blogs, facebook updates, tweets, sms messages and emails. I know that whether written or spoken, Jesus Christ must be reflected in my words for all to see.
I put God's words in my mouth so that my speech will be 'salty' - flavoursome. I will season my life and the lives of others by speaking God's words and promises over our circumstances  every day. I am quick to speak words of peace, comfort and kindness to everyone I meet each day and as I go about my daily affairs, I choose to speak in a way that brings faith, hope and  encouragement to everyone that hears my words. In Jesus name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

JUMIA

View My Stats