JUMIA

addynamo

Wednesday 6 March 2013

20 Corpses Found Dumped In Borno

Locals in Maina Shuwari settlement said they saw about 20 corpses dumped off the major road along Damboa-Biu road in Borno State in the early hours of yesterday.
A bus driver, who arrived in Maiduguri from Damboa around 9am yesterday, said he was amazed when he saw some people in the outskirts of Maina Shuwari looking confused and helpless.

“I was tempted to stop at the scene, thinking it was an accident so that we can assist but when I got closer, it was a gory sight- bodies,” he said.
A passenger who joined the bus before it left the scene said he counted about 17 dead bodies but could not continue counting because of the offensive odour oozing at the scene.
He said some of the bodies had gunshots in their bodies. “I had to leave the place because of fear and health risks. In fact, I am from Maina Shuwari but I decided to leave my house for fear of the unknown. I am not even stopping at Maiduguri, I will go very far until there is calm,” he said.
Asked if he was able to identify any of the corpses, the local, who declined to give his name, said all the dead bodies have strange faces.
“There was no any attack in our village or Molai, the lepers colony or any village nearby. The corpses must have been brought from somewhere because nobody was killed or died in the two days,” he said. Our correspondents could not go to the scene because of security reasons but the story is the talk of the town in Maiduguri.
Contacted, spokesman of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Borno State, Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa, he was not aware of the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

JUMIA

View My Stats