JUMIA

addynamo

Saturday 23 March 2013

Desert Herald Publisher, Tukur Mamu Escapes Death

Tragedy was Friday averted when publisher of Kaduna based Desert Herald, Alhaji Tukur Mamu, narrowly escaped death.
A gang of seven, heavily armed, stormed his Kaduna office at about 5.15p.m. yesterday and requested to see him.
According to Mamu, the gunmen held his production staff members at gunpoint and demanded his whereabouts, telling them that “we have information that your publisher is here”.
The publisher said: “ When they arrived, they knew where they were heading to. They were all armed with assault rifles. They went to the VIP office where we host important visitors. I left that place not more than 15 minutes before they came.
“They met my production Manager and others and beat them up. They threatened them with gun that they must tell them my whereabouts. As they were still searching everywhere and did not see me, one of my staff members informed me through the intercom about what was happening and I escaped through the back door. They kept insisting that I was in the office.”
He added that, prior to yesterday’s incident attempt, he had been receiving threatening phone calls and text messages.
He said that the incident had been reported to the Nigeria Police in Malali area of Kaduna State and that the police had commenced investigations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

JUMIA

View My Stats