JUMIA

addynamo

Saturday 23 March 2013

NOLLYWOOD SHOCKER: Actresses Now Pay To Get Movie Roles

Despite the huge success recorded by Nollywood in the last 20 years, the Nigerian motion picture industry, currently ranked second globally in terms of quantity production, keeps recording bizarre occurrences.
photoGone are the days when sexual harassments or sex-for-roles are in vogue in the industry.
What reigns supreme these days among some crop of filmmakers is financial payment in exchange for movie roles, which in most cases does not come the way of the desperate up and coming actresses trapped in this new scam shamefully scripted by Nollywood insiders.
EE investigations revealed that this new scam which is gradually taking over Nollywood, has been going on secretly in the last couple of years.
A victim who spoke with us on the condition of anonymity, disclosed how these racketeers in Nollywood operate with reckless abandon.

In the exact words of the up and coming thespian: “I was shocked when I went to an audition last year and the producer of the said movie told me to pay him money to be able to get a role in his forthcoming movie. Initially, I thought he was joking, but he insisted and brought out a form. I eventually walked out on him when he kept pestering me to pay N15, 000, to enable me have a permanent place in his production outfit.”
More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

JUMIA

View My Stats