JUMIA

addynamo

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Swift Progress For Federer

Defending champion Roger Federer eased into the fourth round at Indian Wells with a 6-3 6-1 victory over Ivan Dodig.
photo 
Defending champion Roger Federer eased into the fourth round at Indian 
Wells with a 6-3 6-1 victory over Ivan Dodig.
Federer, seeded second behind world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, needed just 61 minutes to oust 60th-ranked Dodig.

The Croatian player gave Federer a helping hand, his sixth double-fault the most untimely, bringing proceedings to a close.
Federer, seeking his first title of 2013, will next face fellow Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka who knocked up veteran Lleyton Hewitt 6-4 7-5.
He did admit to having a slight issue with a back strain but said: "It's not the first time it's happened in my career, so, I know how to deal with it.
"I'm walking fine, I have a day off tomorrow. Everything is all right," added Federer. "It's happened during grand slams, during tournaments, in practice.
"It's just something you learn to deal with. And as long as I keep on playing, it's all right. I also know I have a longer break to recover so, from that standpoint, I'm not worried at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

JUMIA

View My Stats