JUMIA

addynamo

Tuesday 19 March 2013

VIDEO: Hillary Clinton - "I Support Marriage For Lesbian and Gay Couples"

VIDEO: Hillary
 Clinton - "I Support Marriage For Lesbian and Gay Couples"
In a video posted on the website of the Human Rights Campaign, a gay-rights group, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton comes out in favor of gay marriage. These are her first comments backing gay marriage since leaving the State Department, and they could potentially hint at her 2016 ambitions.
After President Obama, Vice President Biden, and other Democrats have endorsed gay marriage, it's likely that the future Democratic nominee -- in 2016 and beyond -- will have back it.
"I support marriage for lesbian and gay couples," Clinton says in the video. "I support it personally and as a matter of policy and law embedded in a broader effort to advance equality and opportunity for LGBT Americans and for all Americans."
She continues, "Like so many others, my views have been shaped over time by people I have known and loved, by my experience representing our nation on the world stage, my devotion to law and human rights, and the guiding principles of my faith."
Watch the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

JUMIA

View My Stats